Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I've been thinking...

I've been thinking about blogging...I just haven't done it until today :) I haven't really had a lot of time and I haven't had much I felt like talking about. My blog is like me in person: if I don't have anything to say, I keep quiet. Last week we took a last minute trip to Battle Mountain, NV. Rick had to drop something off for work so it was just there and back but I figured Jade and I could use some fresh scenery. Plus it was nice practice for our long roadtrip to IA and MI in August! The good thing is, Jade will be a little older by then...or is that a good thing? Haha. She mostly slept which is probably why she didn't sleep too well once we got home. Oh well, such is life. Speaking of sleeping, she's been doing well. She slept through the night once last week -- the first time! Other than that miraculous night she's back to her normal sleeping habits of waking up once after about 7-8 hours. I can handle that :) The other night I heard her fussing so I figured she was hungry. I went into her room to discover that she was still sleeping but she was trying to roll over in her sleep which is why she was fussing. Silly girl, if you don't want to roll over, don't do it! She woke up around 4:45 this morning so I went to her room and found that she had turned sideways, rolled over, and had a leg sticking out of the crib. I fed her and put her back to sleep. When she woke up for good at around 8:30 she had rotated sideways again. What a silly girl!

Here's something else I've been thinking about: family history. I started doing some work on www.familysearch.org and I've come across a troubling situation. I think about it every day...I have a relative I'm stuck on! His name is Albert Seeley and he is my Great Great Grandfather. We know who he was married to and we know who his children are. We also know when and where he was born. As for his parents...all I know is his dad is from Scotland and his mother is from England. You would think I could find a birth record of Albert that would have them listed but no...there is nothing. There isn't even a census that has them together! The only census Albert is on is with his wife and that's how I know where his parents are from. Where do you go from there?? Why is there no record?? Has it just not been indexed yet? I guess I better start indexing again if that's the case (good thing I LOVE it!). All I can really do is pray and be patient and hope that someone with more knowledge of stuff like this can help me out!

No comments: