Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Once Upon A Time...

I figured I'd start at square one with my blog stories. How about how Rick and I met? It's a pretty short story, but I like it :)

Once upon a time I was working at Vivint. Rick's old mission companion (Andy Guest) worked there too and told Rick to apply. He wasn't thrilled about the idea, but he applied, got the job, and accepted it. It happens that Andy sat across from me and when I stood up to leave Rick stood up too (he was training with Andy). He asked if we'd met before and I was pretty sure I'd never met him before but he insisted it must have been at a concert or something. I doubted it, but said "yeah, maybe." Then anytime he saw me he'd make a point of saying hi and chatting for a bit if time allowed. He mentioned to me at lunch one day that he hadn't been home too long from his mission and I thought "dang...he's younger than me." But he seemed older, so I asked Andy and found out that he was older than me. YES! I could tell he was interested in me, why else would he go out of his way to talk to me? I knew his training would soon be over and we would be working opposite hours so I decided to give my friends permission to give him my number -- otherwise we probably would never see each other again. They did, and he texted me that night. We went on a date that weekend -- hiking...I hate hiking... It wasn't bad thought, it was more of a "nature walk" as Rick had said to convince me to go. We hiked to Stewart Falls. Then we ate at Noodles & Co and got cookies 'n cream milk from the BYU creamery. We went back to my place and watched Nacho Libre. Classy, right? Haha. We didn't kiss, but we did hold hands and cuddle a bit and Rick may not remember this but he said "I'm going to be around for a while, is that okay?" I think we both knew after that that we'd probably end up getting married. 


About a month and a half after we started officially dating we got engaged. I knew it was coming -- we picked out a ring -- but I didn't know when he bought it. I started to get angry with him for not proposing (he didn't know that) but it turns out he wanted to, it just took them a long time to size the ring. We went to Riverton I think to meet with Bryce about t-shirt stuff. Then we stopped at graywhale and then we ate at Weinerschnitzel -- again, classy, right? Haha. As soon as he started to drive to the Draper temple, I knew it was happening. We sat outside on a bench and talked and then he went on this weird rant about the priesthood and such and once that ended he pulled out the ring. I don't remember how he asked, I just remember I cried.

We got married on December 17th, 2011 in the Draper, UT temple and went to Mesquite and Vegas for our honeymoon. And now we have a baby! Time flies but it's been fun!

No comments: